CADRE Training & Make-Up
MY ROLE AS A CHANGE AGENT
A general definition is: A change agent is a person from inside or outside the organization who helps an organization transform itself by focusing on such matters as organizational effectiveness, improvement, and development. A change agent usually focuses his efforts on the effect of changing technologies, structures, and tasks on interpersonal and group relationships in the organization. The focus is on the people in the organization and their interactions.
Some of the tasks include:
- Help individuals and programs evaluate where they are in working with clients with complex conditions
- Explore ways in which we can improve as individuals, programs, and as a system
- Provide support and assistance to one another during this journey
Click to enlarge
Once you have completed the CADRE training, there are a few things to keep in mind. Please attend the CADRE quarterly meeting. The meeting takes place on the second Wednesday of that month and features the latest County information, networking opportunities, a chance to share and make announcements, and frequent training worth one (1) CEU.
- Quarterly Meeting
Subcommittee Meetings (click to see current schedule)
- Annual Report
- Short Term and Long Term Planning Tools
YouTube videos mentioned during the training:
- Dr. Kenneth Minkoff discusses systems change at Santa Barbara County ADMHS, Solvang, California, June 28, 2013 (click to watch)
- This is a video of a Marin County Health and Human Services Mental Health Team, called Odyssey, working on several questions from the COMPASS-EZ Self Assessment for Behavioral Health Teams. The purpose of this video is to provide assistance to teams when they begin the COMPASS-EZ Self Assessment. Chris Cline explains how to use the tool and proves a wealth of useful information for any team that wants to perform a team self assessment. (click to watch)
- University of South Florida's Co-Occurring Disorders Training
- SAMHSA Co-Occurring Disorders Resources
- IDDT Tool Kit
This section is only available to registered CADRE members. If you need to make up certain modules of the CADRE training, please log into the site and return to this page and section. Please note that, in addition to login in to the user area, you will need permission from administration for the "click to log in" link below to work.